Citizen of the Year
Making a Difference in the Community We Call Home!
In 2020 the Citizen of the Year Committee amended its Terms of Reference. Effective January 1, 2021, the Town of Fort Frances nominations will be accepted for the following two categories:
- Citizen of the Year - Nominees will be 19 years and over, or
- Outstanding Youth Citizen - Nominees will be 18 years and younger
Nominees must be a citizen of the Town of Fort Frances.
- Nominees have contributed to their community
- Nominees may have performed acts of heroism or bravery
- Nominees may have made life better for others
- Nominees may have excelled in personal achievements
Nominees may not self nominate.
Nominators will be encouraged to provide a meaningful description of the nominees, and the impact of the contribution to assist with the recommendation process.
Click here (PDF) to download the application package.
How to Nominate an Individual
If you know of someone you feel meets the criteria listed above, please fill out the attached form (PDF).
Nomination forms are also available at the front desk in the Town of Fort Frances Civic Centre, 320 Portage Avenue, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3P9.
Completed Nominations may be submitted to the Civic Centre commencing January 1, 2021 and no later than 4:00 p.m. CENTRAL TIME on October 21, 2021 in a sealed envelope marked Citizen of the Year.
The candidate recommended by the Citizen of the Year Committee and approved by Council will be identified at a regular meeting of Council.
Please direct any questions you may have to:
Karyn Haney, Deputy Clerk
Phone at 274-5323, ext. 1212