Skip to Content
Back to top
- On June 12th, 2023, Council passed By-Law 47-23 adopting a Video Surveillance Policy.
- Throughout the Spring and Summer of 2023, cameras will be installed on Scott Street, Church Street, and Portage Avenue.
- Throughout the Fall of 2022, cameras were installed at the Museum, Rainy Lake Square, Civic Centre, and Fire Hall.
- On February 1st, 2022, funding was received from the Province of Ontario.
- On January 31st, 2022, carryover of capital from the Town's 2021 Capital Budget was approved, including video surveillance equipment.
- On November 8th, 2021, a Transfer Payment Agreement was executed with Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario as represented by the Ministry of the Solicitor General.
- On October 7th, 2021, the Town was notified that it was successful in receiving $170,000 in total funding toward this $340,000 project.
- On August 9th, 2021, a resolution was passed by Council of the Town of Fort Frances that supported the application to the Ontario CCTV Grant Program.
- On July 23rd, 2021, the Town applied to the Ontario CCTV Grant Program in partnership with the OPP.
- On July 16th, 2021, a resolution was passed by the Police Services Board recommending an application to the Ontario CCTV Grant Program.